People who are housebound due to illness, disability or frail health still want to enjoy their lives. But for many people it is difficult to undertake hobbies and craft at home. Many people find that the days are long and lonely, with families leading busy lives and friends unable to visit due to their own infirmity.
Five Stars Homecare have used their many years' experience in providing Home Care to create the Five Stars Homecare Pastime service. This enables people to spend time with a carer undertaking a leisure activity, tailored to their own interests.
From flower-arranging; Playing Board Games to cooking, a Five Star Homecare visit can provide an enjoyable, stimulating, relaxing way to spend an afternoon.
A Five Stars Homecare Pastime visit can be whatever you want it to be. Some ideas are:
- Spend an afternoon making mince pies or baking a cake
- Challenge a carer to a game of drafts, cribbage or dominoes
- Watch a DVD of interest to you
- Make a scrapbook of treasured memories
- Create a flower arrangement for your own enjoyment, or as a gift
- Make personalised greetings cards for special occasions
- Completing a crossword or puzzle